Why it’s important to use natural and organic products on your skin
Keeping your skin looking healthy and radiant is important, because healthy skin is one of the biggest indicators that tell us whether we are healthy on the inside too. In fact, the skin is the largest organ of our entire body, so we really should treat it with care.
Browse our organic and natural face care range here.
Treating skin kindly from both the outside and within will leave you feeling great and looking fantastic too, and switching to natural and organic skincare products to moisturise your skin is a great place to start.
So why is it so important to only use natural and organic skincare products?
Here are 5 great reasons we think it is important to do so:
1. Using natural and organic skincare products can reduce skin irritation unlike non-organic and non-natural products.People with sensitive skin will know how easily irritated it is, and products with chemicals and other strange ingredients in them such as Benzoyl Peroxide (used to treat acne) often leave skin feeling dry, red and sore.
It is easy to find natural alternatives to all skin products, whether you are targeting spots, wrinkles or just want your skin to feel clean and healthy. Natural products are kinder to your skin, and will work just as effectively.
Naturally sourced ingredients such as zinc oxide, tea tree oil and lavender extract are all wonderfully healing, natural ingredients that will leave your skin feeling smooth and nourished instead of sore and irritated like other products that contain harmful chemicals.
2. Natural and organic skincare products have stood the test of time.What do you think people were using before all these supposed ‘skin enhancing’ chemicals were discovered?
Natural ingredients of course!
Many ingredients that are included in modern organic skincare products have been used for centuries, developed from ancient remedies that have been known for their incredible benefits for the skin.
There is no better test than the test of time, and these ingredients have proven their worth and shown not to have any adverse side effects, guaranteeing healthy and beautiful looking skin.
3. If you wouldn’t eat it, don’t put it on your skin!Our skin is very absorbent, and when you use products such as moisturisers, cleansers and toners, the ingredients within these are getting absorbed into our bodies.
It’s great to be health conscious and think about what we are putting into our bodies, and it doesn’t stop at what we eat and drink. Next time you are buying a new moisturiser take a look at the ingredients on the label and think, “Would I eat this?” If the answer is no perhaps it’s time to start turning your skincare routine into a more natural one!
Chemical toxins are very destructive whereas natural products, which are made from flower and plant extracts, are designed to nourish our bodies and do nothing but good.
4. Buying better quality, organic and natural products actually means you end up saving a lot in the long run!How nice it would be to know we are doing something great for our health, while also saving money at the same time? Well, if you switch to natural and organic skincare products you can do just that.
Organic and natural skincare products are actually very cost effective when compared to their non-natural alternatives, especially as the quality of the ingredients means you can use less, which in turn means the product will last longer over time.
While some chemical based products may be cheaper, you end up needing to use a lot of them - putting layer after layer of moisturiser on as your skin still feels dry, therefore having to buy more of it, and actually costing you more in the long run
Using natural and organic products in much better for the environment. Skincare products that contain chemicals can have a very damaging impact on the environment, sprays and perfumes that are released into the atmosphere can be very harmful, as well as the manufacturing process that takes place to create them.
5. Buying naturally and sustainably sourced products can be much kinder to the environment.
If you use natural and organic skincare products not only will you reap the benefits of beautiful skin, but also can enjoy them guilt-free without harming the environment.